The Other Woman by Sandie Jones

Thanks to Netgalley and Minotaur Books for a copy of the eARC in exchange for a fair review.

Emily isn't really looking for anyone special the night she meets Adam. She is sure it will end up being nothing, but when he calls her a few days later she is caught up in and soon the relationship begins. Adam is perfect and soon he is an important part of her life.

But everything starts to fall apart when she meets his mom. Well after she meets his mom, while at her house she sees a picture of Adam and woman named Rebecca. Emily can't get Rebecca out of her mind and soon wonders what happened to her. But soon Pammie is ruining everything. She takes every chance she can to come between Emily and Adam.

Plus his brother James is always around. Soon Emily thinks about him a little too much, but she knows that it is Adam she loves and she won't let his mother ruin things for them...

I have to say that about 3/4ths of the way into this I was on the verge of lowering my rating. I thought for sure this was a mystery or a thriller and it really didn't seem that way, but when the reveal came I was blown away. Don't get me wrong by this point I wasn't a fan of Emily, Adam or his mother. So believe me when I say that ending made it all worth it.

So this was a very subtle read, with a lot of hints and clues that point one way, while clearly showing you a glimpse of the truth if you pick up on it. I caught a lot of the hints about one person so I wasn't completely shocked by that aspect of the reveal. No matter how I felt about the beginning of the book I can't lie I couldn't put it down. I wanted to know what was going to happen, or what the mystery was. I literally couldn't stop turning the pages.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's Chloe Neill Day!!!

Graveyard Shift misses the mark.