Afterimage by Noami Hughes


Thank you to Page Street Publishing for a copy of the ARC in exchange for a fair review.

Camryn is working through her panic disorder, and her mom is talking it her through it when she finally makes it on base to pick her mom up from work. However, Camryn never makes it into the building. A massive explosive happens and before Camryn falls unconscious she sees a boy who is shocked that she can see him.

She spends weeks asleep before finally waking up and realizing that she is the only survivor. The agency threatens her by telling her if she doesn't cooperate they will imply that she had something to do with the bombing just like her mother. Camryn knows something is off, especially when Quint tells her the password to the Agent's tablet.

Camryn is determined to prove that her mother is innocent. Soon she is caught up in a conspiracy and a massive cover up. She keeps seeing a boy that no one else sees, but it becomes clear that she has to work with him in order to save space and time.

This really wasn't on my radar until I received the book. I was pleasantly surprised, I don't read too much sci-fi anymore, but this appealed to me. There is something about time travel, wormholes, and ghostly boys that is extremely interesting. I found that Camryn was compelling and interesting, not sure I completely understood how everything that happened, but it was different from anything I have read lately.

I also tend to read a lot of series, so it is super nice to read a good standalone, even if I did want more by the end of the book.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's Chloe Neill Day!!!

Graveyard Shift misses the mark.