Lies by T.M. Logan


Thanks to Netgalley and St.Martin's Press for a copy of the eARC in exchange for a fair review.

Is there a moment, just one moment that changes everything for you? Unravels it all, and sends your life out of control? Joe knows that moment, one night while driving home with his son, and his son says Mummy's car so Joe takes a look, then another one when he realizes it isn't car just like hers it is her car.

So he makes a split second decision to follow her into the carpark to talk to her, but when they get into the lobby of the hotel he sees that she is having a heated discussion with Ben, and he knows that he doesn't want his son to see this so he heads back to the garage to wait for her. She leaves without even seeing him. Joe ends up in a heated discussion with Ben that ends with Ben hitting him and him pushing Ben back. Ben falls and appears to be unconscious, but before Joe can figure out what to do his son has an severe asthma attack and when he fails to find an inhaler, he has to rush Wills home.

He returns only to find Ben gone, then he realizes his phone is gone as well as a bracelet. Joe is further stunned a weird photo of the bracelet turns up on his Facebook just an hour later. He assumes that Ben is messing with him and before he realizes it he is embroiled in a weird missing person case. Joe knows someone is messing with him and that he is being set up, but can he prove it before his life is completely messed up?

I could not stop reading this, I think I say that a lot, but I found myself thinking about this every time life intruded and I couldn't read it. Even now that I am finished I am still thinking about it. I want to say that I am floored by the twist, I feel emotionally floored. Realistically I realized something strange was going on so I was not surprised by it exactly.  I was totally invested in this story, and I was on the edge of my seat rooting for Joe to come through it all okay.

I like Joe a ton, his wife not so much, but I was fooled by some other people who will remain nameless for the sake of spoilers. I felt so bad for Joe as everything happened to him, as friends' abandoned him, and to be honest it was scary thinking these things could legit happen in real life. But people would never believe you,  and you look crazy when you are the only person telling the truth. This is my first book by this author, but it won't be my last.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's Chloe Neill Day!!!

Graveyard Shift misses the mark.