Night and Silence by Seanan Mcguire

Thank you to Netgalley and DAW for a copy of the eARC in exchange for a fair review.

Disclaimer: This is the 12th book in the series. I highly suggest starting with Rosemary and Rue and read all previous books. This will contain spoilers if you haven't read the rest of the series.

October is back, and she is still reeling from her lasting meeting with her mother. The meeting in which her mother forced Tybalt and Jazz into their animal forms and kept them that. Tybalt hasn't been the same and neither has Jazz. In fact October hasn't seen much of Tybalt lately, but she is for a bigger shock when her doorbell rings and her ex and his current wife are waiting at her front door.

They accuse of her of stealing Gillian, and then when they realize she doesn't have her they ask her to find Gillian. So October wakes up Quinton and May and they head out to find Gillian. But the road is long and filled with traps and old enemies. Will October be able to save her daughter this time? Or will all be lost?

Whew this was a ride, and to be honest I was surprised by so many things. Seanan masterfully weaves all kinds of pieces together, and leaves you feeling astonished. I had no idea these things were going to happen and the six degrees of separation. It is crazy, that being said I am so glad Tybalt was back and playing a larger role in this one. I really missed him when he was forced to be cat in the last book.

Not a fan of Cliff at all, or Miranda, but learning more about her was extremely interesting. The only downside to reading this and reviewing this is I really have to wait a whole year for the next book to come out. October has been one of my favorite characters from the moment I read Rosemary and Rue, and I love them all and I look forward to each new addition and I hope Seanan continues to write about her for many years to come.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's Chloe Neill Day!!!

Graveyard Shift misses the mark.