Bright Ruin by Vic James

Thank you to Netgalley and Del Ray for a copy of the eARC in exchange for a fair review.

Disclaimer this 3rd and final book in the trilogy. Please read no further unless you wanted to be spoiled.

All the of the surviving players are back. Abi is still shocked that Gavar helped her, but when she overhears him talking to Bouda she makes her escape from his house. She needs revenge and she knows just the person to help her.

Luke finds himself imprisoned by Silyen, but they might actually have the same goals. Bouda wants to be Chancellor and she knows that Jenner is dangerous. All the pieces are laid, but even the best laid plans go astray.

I know that is not a lot to say about the book, but it is the ending and I don't want to spoil it much. I am not sure how I feel about the ending. It almost feels less than, but on the other hand it almost seems perfect. Maybe the longer I think on it, the more my feelings may change. This book picked up right after the ending of Tarnished City. It hits the ground with so much going on. I highly suggest a reread of the first two books before picking this one up.

I didn't reread this time, although I meant too. I don't think it hurt anything, but I didn't feel the same about the last two books as I did the first book. I loved every minute of the first book, but felt disconnected from the second two. However, I still love the worldbuilding and the game of thrones vibes this trilogy has. It is action-packed and full of plots within plots and choices that undo plots. It really keeps you on the edge of your seat.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's Chloe Neill Day!!!

That Darkness by Lisa Black