Dracul by Dacre Stoker and J.D. Barker

Thank you to G.P. Putnam's Sons and Netgalley for a copy of the eARC in exchange for a fair review.

Through diaries and letters the Stoker family tells us the true story of Dracul. When Bram was a young child he was very sickly, but one night when all seemed lost and in a feverish haze Bram remembers his Nanna Ellen saving his life. So begins the tale.

Bram tells us the whole story as he waits armed in a desolate tower while he waits to fight an unspeakable evil. Bram's brother and sister find out the truth about Ellen after a number of strange deaths occur near the family. Plus Bram has a strange injury after the Nanny saves his life.

Can Bram and Matlida figure out the whole truth before it is too late?

Look I am not going to lie, the moment I saw Stoker as the last name and it was about Dracula and Bram Stoker I was sold. I mean it was so easy it was ridiculous. I didn't honestly pay attention to what it was actually going to be about. So I a little surprised when I realized it was about Bram sort of like a prequel to Dracula. Actually that isn't right let's say it is the true story that inspired Dracula.

I mean it was almost as masterful as Bram Stoker's Dracula is. If you can't tell that is one of my favorite books of all time. I could not stop reading this, and I loved every freaking minute of it. I thought that there was no other way to do vampires. I mean honestly besides Dracula I am so over Vampires that I rarely read books about them anymore.

This was brilliant there can be no better way to pay homage to Bram's masterpiece than to add him to the story and make like he told you a true story but change some details because his family really lived it. Mind Blown. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's Chloe Neill Day!!!

That Darkness by Lisa Black