Home and Away by Candice Montgomery

Thank you Page Street Publishing for a copy of the ARC in exchange for a fair review.

Tasia is enjoying her life, a cornerback for a great team until one night everything in her life falls apart. I was going to spoil the heck out of the book, but I went back to check the synopsis before I just charged ahead and I am glad I did, because they didn't give it away and neither will I. So now my challenge is how to talk about this book without ruining it!

Okay first I am not a football fan, but I thought it was super cool that Tasia played football and went about playing in such a way that you could have nothing but respect for it. I am not so sure she handles everything else in a great way, but this is in essence is what this book is about. It is a coming of age, figuring out who you are, forgiveness, and dealing with major changes.

Tasia doesn't always handle things right or even close to right, but she does in a way that is true to who she is and for me is what caught my attention and held me the whole time I was reading this book. I loved the characters, her friends and the new friends and Kai. They were so opposite and made for each other it is ridiculous. Trist was amazing as well so level headed and just always making her think about the choices she made and what was going on.

To be honest when I started this I didn't think I was going to enjoy it all that much, but it made me a think a lot and I really can't help enjoying books that make me think. Plus I enjoy coming of age and massive self reflections stories especially when they are so compelling.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's Chloe Neill Day!!!

Graveyard Shift misses the mark.