Shadow of the Fox by Julie Kagawa

Thanks to Harlequin Teen and Netgalley for a copy of the eARC in exchange for a fair review.

Yumeko has been taught her whole life how to suppress her kitsune side. But it also makes her well versed in keeping secrets. When she finds the Silent Winds temple under attack and her mentor who gives her a scroll and orders to find the Steel Feather Temple, Yumeko knows that keeping secrets are now life and death.

Kage Tatsumi is a member of the Shadow Clan and swordsman with no equal. But he is hiding secrets of his own, and he has been sent to get the scroll. Yumeko knows that she can't trust him, when he is seeking the very thing she is hiding, but she also knows that the road to Steel Feather Temple will long and fraught with danger and she will need all the help she can get.

The Dragon is rising, and many players want that wish for themselves. Can Yumeko stay one step ahead of her many enemies?

So let me start by saying that I am fairly certain that if Julie Kagawa published a book about her grocery lists I would read it. I have read every single one of her books and I love them. So it pains me to say this wasn't my favorite. It is good and full of the normal action and adventure and a whole lot of danger that Julie is famous for. But I just didn't connect with the characters. More than one of her books has brought me to tears. It may be a me thing, and it is Julie so I still heartily recommend reading it.  

Plus I loved learning Japanese mythology. It was utterly fascinating. I don't know a ton of things about Japanese myths, but I find the culture and myths compelling.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's Chloe Neill Day!!!

That Darkness by Lisa Black