Tell Me No Lies by Alex Sinclair

Thank you to Netgalley and Bookouture for a copy of the eARC in exchange for a fair review.

Grace and her husband John are out to dinner one night when to her horror she watches John get hit by a truck and die right in front of her. Grace falls apart and it takes her six weeks before she leaves the house the first time. Then she only makes it out because it is his funeral. With her best friend by her side Grace barely manages to hold it together.

However, when she meets with the lawyer after the funeral Grace is shocked to find out that John took out a million dollar policy on them both just shortly before he died. She is completely blown away. As Grace begins to go through his stuff in order to move on she finds that there are even more things about him that she doesn't know.

Soon Grace knows that she isn't delusional and things are getting out of control, but can she save herself and her friends before it is too late?

Whew this was not a super thriller, but I couldn't put it down, I read the book and was so drawn into the story. Although I will say at some point I knew what was going on the moment certain things were revealed. Or at least suspected it, but it didn't take away from the story for me. I couldn't wait to see how it would turn out for Grace.

This is told in then and now chapters, but from Grace's point of view. The then is the day that he died just told from the start of the day leading up to the dinner. I also really enjoyed that Grace was a bit of a mess and had flaws, but she was genuine and did care! A great read and the second book I have read by this author, and I will keep reading this author!


Comments

  1. I like reading an article that will make people think.

    Also, thanks for allowing me to comment!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It's Chloe Neill Day!!!

Graveyard Shift misses the mark.