Lost Lake by Emily Littlejohn

Thank you to Netgalley and Minotaur Books for a copy of the eARC in exchange in for a fair review.

Disclaimer this is the 3rd book in the Gemma Monroe series. However, there won't be any spoilers. You can pick this up and read and not be lost, other than personal knowledge about some of the main characters.

Gemma has been called in about a missing person, but she really doesn't think there is too much reason for worry, more than likely Sari will turn up. However, before the day ends things get weirder when a diary turns up missing for the big gala that Sari just happened to be working on before going missing from Lost Lake. Suspicion falls on Sari almost from the start, just because it she had access to the safe and disappeared just before the theft was discovered.

Then Betty turns up dead and this case just keeps getting stranger especially as Gemma uncovers the dark history of Lost Lake. As the body count rises can Gemma figure out what is going on before it gets worse?

I really like this series, Gemma is a great character. I am still not sure how I feel about her and Brody but it is like a weird side note so I am sure that we are supposed to be invested in that. Sam pops in all the books so far, and I think we need more of him in this series. I was wondering if this was leaning to the supernatural in this one, but alas it was perfectly normal for the most part!

I can't wait to see what else Gemma brings I am slightly heartbroken that I have to wait so long for the next one! You can read this series in order or out of order. Each book is a standalone case only the main characters and side characters carry over. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's Chloe Neill Day!!!

Graveyard Shift misses the mark.