Who I Am by Sarah Simpson

Thank you to Netgalley and Aria for a copy of the eARC in exchange for a fair review.

Told in alternating views and between past and present.

Andi is tormented by guilt and she knows that someone knows her secret and lately she has been drinking quite a bit more and not sure how to handle life in general. Camilla is going to make sure that Kyle knows the truth about his lying wife.

As the days go and Andi thinks she is losing her mind, things are getting worse. Everyone knows she is drinking and her friend Carol isn't being so friendly anymore. Kyle is getting more disillusioned with the relationship and soon it will all come to a head.

I wanted to love this, but to be honest I figured out the twist or had a firm idea of it long before it became clear I was right. I don't think this was a dark thriller either. It was a good slow burn of a read, and clearly filled with a lot of liars and some major miscommunication. So I am kind of in the middle of the road with this one. I didn't love it or hate it, I kept reading because I was waiting for something more, but it never really delivered on that note.

However, this book was a great look at feelings, guilt, miscommunication, mistakes, and things that cost us too much.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's Chloe Neill Day!!!

Graveyard Shift misses the mark.