Forget you know me by Jessica Strawser

Thank you to St.Martin's Press and Netgalley for a copy of the eARC in exchange for fair review.

Liza and Molly have finally sat down to a skype call and too catch up. When Molly steps away for a minute to take care of one her children. Liza is shocked when sees something on the video. Then everything descends into chaos as they all try to figure out the next steps to fixing their lives.

So this is like super vague, but after kind of looking at the synopsis I just didn't want to give anything away. Which I kind of always say so just count on me to so vague you can't stand it, but hopefully it pulls you in and makes you want to read this. I am not always sure how to feel after I read a novel by Jessica. This is my 3rd one and I think I have always felt the same way when I am done. I often go into the story expecting one thing and it turns out completely different from what I thought it would be.

This was true of this novel as well. I was thinking more of a mystery but it wasn't really that. It was so much and something different. Deeper and that is true of the other two books I have read by this author. For me it doesn't translate into something bad, although I can always get why others rate it lower. One thing that always strikes me is the characters are completely relatable.They are just regular people who sometimes make stupid or horrible choices, or make great choices and that is what appeals to me about her stories. It is something that could happen to you or to someone you know. In the ordinary we find the extraordinary. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's Chloe Neill Day!!!

Graveyard Shift misses the mark.