Her One Mistake by Heidi Perks

Thanks to Gallery Books and Netgalley for a copy of the eARC in exchange for a fair review.

Charlotte has finally got Harriet to let her watch Alice. So as she heads out the the fair with her three kids and Alice she doesn't realize this is going to be the worst day ever. At first everything is fine, but as the kids head off the Jungle Run and Charlotte takes her eyes off of them for one minute it all changes. She sees Jake and Molly, but their is no sign of Alice.

Charlotte frantically begins searching for Alice and calling the police, but no one can find Alice. It is a person's worst nightmare being entrusted to watch someone else's child and losing them. Charlotte feels so guilty. Then the online attacks begin, and a journalist finds out about the time Charlotte lost Jake..

Wow I did not see this one coming, like I thought I knew what it would be about, and then I thought it was something else, and then I thought this and by the time I got what was going on my mind was blown. I couldn't believe it, and I was hooked. I raced through this, I had to know what was going to happen.

Like I want to rant and rave about this, but I can't mention some things because it would be major spoilers, but I want to say kudos to the author for using this type of situation to expose a certain type of behavior that is so insidious we often overlook it. I know that is like so cryptic, but if you read this you will understand that statement in the end. I think if you like suspense, thrillers or mysteries you should read this one.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's Chloe Neill Day!!!

Graveyard Shift misses the mark.