The Suspect by Fiona Barton

Thanks to Transworld Digital and Netgalley for a copy of the eARC in exchange for a fair review.

This is told from multiple POV's, it includes Alex's mother, the reporter (Kate), the detective and emails and posts from Alex's POV as well. It all starts with an odd phone call to the reporter from her son Jake who is Thailand, but she doesn't quite get what he is trying to say and she doesn't get to speak to him. The mother is worried because she hasn't heard from Alex in days, and her Rosie's mother is worried as well, because she hasn't heard from her either. Soon the detectives are involved and everyone is wondering about the two girls.

I made this shorter than usual because there is a lot that is slowly revealed, in fact I edited out some that I had revealed after looking at the synopsis of the story. To be honest I wasn't thrilled when I saw that it would contain several different POV, but this one really flowed, you knew who each person was and their relation to the story so it worked really well together. This is one where you barely get to know the main characters, because it almost felt like an aftermath type of story. You do get chapters from Alex so you get a glimpse on what was really happening and you find out some things before the detectives or the parents do. Instead of being told as it happens you find as the story unfolds. I have read all of Fiona's books and I will continue to do so. I just love the way she tells a story.

It grips you right from the start and you never sure if you should be on the edge of your seat and your never sure who did it. I guessed and was wrong at least once well twice if I am honest. I was right with my last guess, but hey you might figure it out quicker than I did.

The suspect is available for pre-order and will be released Jan 22.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's Chloe Neill Day!!!

Graveyard Shift misses the mark.