What we buried by Kate A. Boorman

Thanks to Henry Holt & Co and Netgalley for a copy of the eARC in exchange for a fair review.

Liv and Jory are on the verge of life changing news. Liv has sued their parents for emancipation and everyone knows they are going to win. But just as Jory is heading up the stairs with their parents everything changes in the blink of an eye. They just disappear. 

Soon Liv and Jory are heading to a remote cabin to figure out what their parents are up and what is going on.

One weird tripping ride later here I am. So like I am super vague now, but for two reasons one I am still wondering what I read and what really was happening in the book so that makes it hard to write a review when you are unsure of what was actually going on and two spoilers. Like you might be smarter than me so I don't want to ruin the book for you. That being said this was super compelling because I was trying really hard to figure out what was going on and what had happened. Sadly I did not figure that out so I am not sure I love this or like it a lot.

So it may be that the author ended things a certain way so that we the readers could read into however we like, I will just be upfront and say that I am not a reader that enjoys making up my own ending. I want to know, like I really want to know what happened. So for me this was amazing writing and I have a few things to google because I admit that I don't know what Moeibus is and I now need to know this. The characters were okay and the plot was compelling. It could be a thriller, but it is not what I consider a thriller.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's Chloe Neill Day!!!

Graveyard Shift misses the mark.