The Night Olivia Fell by Christina McDonald

Thank you Gallery Books and Netgalley for a copy of the eARC in exchange for a fair review.

Abi is woken up by a phone call to tell her that her daughter has been in an accident. Abi is stunned when she arrives at the hospital to find that Olivia is brain dead and on life support. Olivia had fallen off a bridge, but Abi is really thrown when they tell her that they can't take her off life support because she is pregnant.

Now Abi, is determined to figure out what happened to Olivia. But she can't seem to get help from the police, and all of Olivia's friends seem to be hiding things. Will she ever figure it out? Who is the father of her baby? Why was she out that night? What else was Olivia hiding?

The blurb says for fans Reconstructing Amelia. I have to admit they are similar. Some differences, but told in a similar manner. We get alternating viewpoints, one is Olivia and the other Abi. One is clearly the present and the other is telling from Olivia's POV all the events that led up that night.
I couldn't stop reading it, and I will fully admit that I was crying at the end. It was one that I really hated that there couldn't be a better ending, but in it's own way it was still a beautiful ending.

I have to say that while I did guess what happened, I only guessed shortly before the reveal. I guessed wrong at least twice before. I loved Abi, and I totally really loved the fact that I could feel the love between mother and daughter. It is part of what made me cry at the end. As a parent I completely connected with Abi, and how she felt, and everything she went through. So if you are a parent and read this be prepared for all the feels.

Comments

  1. Olá Sei que é um pouco fora-tópico no entanto tive para perguntar.
    Faz funcionamento um bem-estabelecida blog como
    seu exigem um enorme quantidade trabalhar? Eu sou completamente nova para escrevendo um blog
    no entanto eu escrevo meu journal todos os dias .
    Eu gostaria de começar um blog então eu pode compartilhar meu
    próprio experiência e pensamentos on-line. Por favor, deixe-me saber se você tem qualquer tipo de sugestões ou dicas
    para novo aspirante blog proprietários. Obrigado!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It's Chloe Neill Day!!!

Graveyard Shift misses the mark.