Little Darlings by Melanie Golding

Thanks to Netgalley and Crooked Lane Books for a copy of the eARC in exchange for a fair review.

Lauren has recently given birth to her twins, but when she wakes in the hospital one night to a young women trying to take her twins she is terrified. But when no one is found everyone thinks she is crazy. Lauren is feeling so overwhelmed and losing a lot of sleep so she thinks maybe they are right. Maybe she is just imagining it all.

When she comes home with Patrick she still feels like she is drowning and can't catch a breath, but after a fight with Patrick as she steps outside to get away from him she sees the woman again. Lauren knows that she can't leave the babies alone, especially after her friend Cyndi comes over and reads part of the story about a set of twins changed.

As the weeks go by and Lauren refuses to leave the house, and Patrick is sleeping in another room, she begins to feel like maybe that all was part of her imagination until the day she finally goes out with the twins and accidentally falls asleep at the park. When she wakes the babies are gone.

When I started reading this I was wondering what I picked up... I mean it was one where the title caught my attention and I didn't read the synopsis so I went in blind. As I kept reading I was still wondering what was going on. It totally made me think of that movie with Angelina Jolie, Changeling. I was really wondering if she was crazy or what, but the whole time DI Harper is investigating and finding things that support Lauren so I still wondered what was going to happen.

I really wasn't expecting that aspect of fantasy mixed in with the normal every day world. It was brilliant and I devoured this book. I couldn't stop reading it.  I wanted more. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's Chloe Neill Day!!!

Graveyard Shift misses the mark.