The Poison Garden by A.J. Banner

Thank you to Netgalley and Lake Union Publishing for a copy of the eARC in exchange for a fair review.

This book will be released on Oct 22 you can preorder at Amazon.

Elise seems to have it all, a wonderful old home, a handsome husband and her dream job running her mother's old shop. But when she returns home early one day her life is shattered in a moment. After that she is forced to question everything she thought she knew including how her mother died.

I hate to be super vague, but since the synopsis isn't giving anything away neither I am. I went kind of back and forth on this one. I really couldn't decide if Elise was riding the crazy train or we were supposed to think that because of all the other stuff going on. This one had several twists and everything but the kitchen sink thrown in. So I know it isn't going to be for everyone. Overall, I enjoyed it, read it in one sitting.

I have read all the other books by this author and I haven't been disappointed yet, I will say I wish it had been taken in a bit, there was a lot going on that makes it all seem a little unrealistic, but again I am a little torn because I really enjoyed it overall. I am not always a fan of the unreliable narrator, but in this case it worked for me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's Chloe Neill Day!!!

That Darkness by Lisa Black