The Dead Girls Club By Damien Angelica Walters

Thank you to Netgalley and Crooked Lane Books for a copy of the eARC in exchange for a fair review.

Heather has a pretty great life, she has a job she loves, and a husband that is great. Until the day she gets the best friends forever necklace in the mail. She starts freaking out that someone might know her biggest secret. That she was the reason that Becca was dead, well and the Red Lady.

She embarks on a mission to find out who is tormenting her and thinks she has it figured out when she finds out that Becca's mother is out of jail. Well spoilers...so that is all I am going to say about what is going on in this book.

This is supposed to be a supernatural thriller, what it felt like to me was a unreliable narrator. Sometimes that is a fantastic thing, sometimes it is a hot mess express. This was more of a hot mess express. Even though I had a vague idea of what is going on and the synopsis tells you basically the whole plot. It just fell short for me, at times I really thought Heather was crazy like legit crazy.

I honestly didn't like her or feel bad for her, and once the story was explained I still was shaking my head and really just didn't get it. It reminded me of a true crime story about the girls who killed their friend and claimed Slenderman made them or something like that. Or maybe that was a movie I saw. I don't know, but I just didn't get the supernatural vibe I was supposed too. I wanted to like this, I read it all, but I just didn't love this.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's Chloe Neill Day!!!

That Darkness by Lisa Black