The God Game by Danny Tobey

Thank you to Netgalley and St.Martin's Press for a copy of the eARC in exchange for a fair review.

Charlie is introduced to a game called G.O.D., but he isn't sure that he wants to play it or that it will be cool. He gets his small group of friends invited to the game as well. Once they are all on board he joins. Then things begin to happen, good things, rewards when the right thing is done. Soon though it wants to them to do little things that aren't quite right.

Then the little things become bigger and bigger. And oddly the game tells them if they win they win big, but if they die they die for real. That isn't true though is it? How far will they go to win?

When I first took a look at the synopsis I though oh this could be interesting. Hence why I accepted the invite to read it. Then when I looked at it again I thought I don't know if I would like because my mood has all over the place and I haven't really liked much outside of the thriller and mystery genre. But then I started reading it and it really drew me in.

It lost me at times and pulled me back in a lot. Overall, heading into this with misgivings I found it to be really well written and interesting premise. You take basically good kids, and then give them small openings to do things they wouldn't normally do. How far would they go? How far would you go? To get back at people who make life hard for you, to make things easier for the people you care about? A true test of the character of a person. This is my first book by this author, but it won't be my last.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's Chloe Neill Day!!!

That Darkness by Lisa Black