A Million Reasons Why by Jessica Strawser

 

Thank you to Netgalley and St.Martin's Press for a copy of the eARC in exchange for a fair review.


I am not sure what I was thinking when I went into reading this book... probably nothing as I don't always check out the synopsis of some stories. When I was asked to review this I had read and liked the author's other book and so I didn't know what I was reading when I started. Normally I always start with the basic story before moving onto my thoughts, but I am still processing my thoughts, I still feel so raw emotionally after reading this book.

Caroline doesn't know what to think when she receives the results that she has a new match on the DNA site. Especially when the person writes to her claiming to be half-sister, but her parents have been married for over 30 years and the woman is her age. Sela isn't all that comfortable with the fact that her best friend and almost ex-husband have forced her to reach out to this sister that she isn't sure she wants to know. Much less ask the BIG ASK of a complete stranger.

This relationship and friendship can mean life for Sela, but for Caroline it has uprooted her entire life and she has no idea how to process it all. Her parents fight about it and then decide to never discuss it again. One bombshell is revealed after another after another.

This book makes you mad, happy, sad, heartbroken, and then runs you through all of those emotions again. I want to spill all of my feelings about all of the things I felt while reading this but spoilers so I won't. I loved this book, it made me root for them, it broke my heart and I cried, it made me smile. It's everything you could ever ask for in a book about discovering lies, family and finding a way.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's Chloe Neill Day!!!

That Darkness by Lisa Black